Tuesday, March 1, 2016

...Am I Really That Bad?


“No.”

“No?” Reetha repeated, not surprised by the word coming from Rafe’s mouth as he hovered over her, but amazed he had the nerve to utter them when her knee was so close to his balls.

“That’s right, no.”

“I’m sure you’ve forgotten who you’re speaking to…” she growled, her nostrils flared and the rest of her body putting on the whole pre-shift show.  “…and are finding this would be a right good time for an apology.”

“Nope, it’s still a no.  I’ll go you one further, not without your mate.”

“My WHAT!  Oh no you don’t,” she huffed.  “I left my mate back in LA where his mangy, to long with the criminals, ass belongs.”

“Mangy!?”

“Yep.” She nodded.  “Don’t think I didn’t notice that you let criminal slide.”

“And now I’m a criminal?  Damn woman, I am your mate and I deserve some respect!”

“SAYS WHO!”

Rafe sighed and looked away, while still maintaining the up close and personal stance that perked her nipples to tight points.  “Alright, no one said that… but am I really that bad?” 

His last few words, mumbled as they were, took Reetha by surprise.  Could he really be unsure of his worth? And why did the thought of that bother her enough to throw him a small bone?  “Okay, maybe you aren’t mangy…in fact, you do dress very nicely, but I’m still going to that opening.”

Reetha pushed out from where he had her pinned against the wall of her office and turned away from his handsome face.  She couldn’t take much more of his heat and sheer sexual appeal.  She was a weak bitch when it came to this man, even though he could piss her off eight ways from Sunday.

“Penny is my friend and I’m not missing the opening night of her new club, now you can go.”

“Mate.” His hands gripped her hips as he pasted himself to her back.  A promise whispered into her ear. “If you go, prepare yourself for a VERY. PUBLIC. PUNISHMENT.”

Reetha jumped from the smack to her ass, suddenly warm in all the right, er wrong places and turned with a hiss.  Her claws were out and at the ready to deliver a good swipe, but he was already gone.
~~~


I meant to post this for Mon, but alas, Mon turned to Tues... :)

Have a great week!
Serena 

3 comments:

Pat C. said...

Dang, it's hot in here. Summer came early this year. ;)

Can't wait to see what opening night brings.

Serena Shay said...

Hehe...me too!

Rebecca Gillan said...

That should make for an interesting opening night for everyone involved!