Friday, May 22, 2009

The Challenge, The Twist and The Rub



Happy Friday all!

So how do you like that title for today's blog...pretty clear what I'm going to talk about today, right. Yep, I can hear ya'll now "Clear as mud, Serena"

Hey, I heard the eye rolling too...LOL

Thing is I've been having a terrible time deciding what to blog about today. A situation not unlike my current WIP status. So I figured I'd tell you a bit about the new WIP - The Submission

The Challenge

Unlike my first story, The Challenge, which seem to take me for ever to wrap my head around, TS jumped from my brain and onto the storyboard relatively quickly! Rick and LeAnn knew what they wanted me to share about their journey into love and all was good, they were happy, I was happy, we were ALL happy...ah huh

The Twist

See, there is always a twist in my writing life, but I apparently neglected to remember that with TS. I was busy pulling together the bits and pieces of scenes I had already written...you know the scenes from the middle that will undoubtedly change, but just won't wait to be written. I had already started the story in a couple of different ways each time with an "oooh this will be a better place to start."

~this really should have been a clue of what was to come, but I never claimed brilliance as one of my better qualities, just bull-headedness and stick-with it-ness.~

Anyway, with every new start Rick and LeAnn got quieter, waiting I'm sure to spring on me their six foot tall surprise... Trent

Another hero, guys? Really?

Yep, a complete 360

The Rub

While the story is perfect(I think so anyway), the conflict de-lish and the sex is bound to be most enjoyable to write, here's the rub...

I'm nervous! There, I said it. ~nibbling my nails~ I've never written a menage story before and IMHO, a good one is about more than just three people hopping into the sack and throwing down several times in the book...I need the emotion, the angst, the realism of trying to make three people happy at once... Add to that the fact that we are talking about two alpha male jaguar shapeshifters and one female they both want to mate...Oh man!

Are Rick, LeAnn and Trent biting off more than this author can chew?

Who knows, but I can hear my cp now...you won't know until you get it on the paper. True. I guess I'll just have to write it and see...

Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Paris said...

Serena, good luck on your foray into the menage mindset! Starting something new is always terrifying but from that terror comes the exhileration of producing a truly wonderful story! Sounds like it's going to be great!

Serena Shay said...

Thanks Paris! It is terrifying, but when the characters won't leave you be there really is not option, right, write it or go loony! LOL Have a great weekend!

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, don't you just love/hate it when THE SURPRISE twist shows up in a story... Hey, I'm here for ya... mmmm, two jaguar alphas, you might to stroke them into submission.

Serena Shay said...

LOL...I do love/hate [b]the surpise[/b] it may cause me some headaches to begin with, but by the end it always seems to make the story better!

~clapping wildly, Savanna is here for me!!~ Yay! you have an awesome menage ~cof number FA-ORE at Siren..woot!~ out there!

LOL, stroke them I..erm..LeAnn will!! Have a great weekend!

Crystal Kauffman said...

Oooo- Menage is my favorite! Two's a couple, but three's a sandwhich :)

Serena Shay said...

LOL...I agree Crystal! I love reading a really good menage! Add in a paranormal element and hello, bring it!! Have a great weekend.

Gem Sivad said...

Two shape-shifting alpha jaguar males and one woman who gets both joyfully...okay. I can't wait to read this one. :D

Gem

Serena Shay said...

Thanks Gem! Writing two alpha male heros is proving to be quite a challenge...but I can tell you this, LeAnn is going to be one happy, happy kitten!!