Wednesday, May 20, 2009

If I Were A Shapeshifter, What Shapeshifter Would I Be?








When I was asked what animal (or creature) I would most want to be, my very quick answer used to be Peregrine Falcon. I’ve always wanted to fly, and if I was any kind of bird, it would be one that brought home raw, bloody meat to its young. The idea of eating barfed up food didn’t appeal.




Then I decided I would rather be something top-of-the-food-chain fearsome, like a grizzly or a tiger.

Then I learned that for the most part, man is the top of the food chain, and I would not want to be a grizzly or tiger because of the horrific way man has nearly eradicated these majestic creatures. It has gotten to the point where I cannot even watch Animal Planet anymore. Even with the sound off, the mere commercial advertisement for Escape To Chimp Eden breaks my heart. How can anyone do such horrible things to higher order animals? Hell, these are tool-using, social-network creatures. Just like us.

So now if you ask me what I’d most like to be, the answer is most definitely Vampire. Because as a vampire, I could exact vampiric justice over animal abusers, and I would do it in a Very Vampy Way.

3 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Real animal abusers, go for it.
However, I know lots and lots of cases where the people were/are totally innocent. Someone just wanted to steal their animal for themselves, or to adopt/sell them... there's a big ole profit. And evil people are taking advantage of it.
Or, I know of cases where someone just wanted revenge and lied.
So, if you're going for vampiric justice, get the really bad people. Not the innocent that have been made to look guilty.

Paris said...

A vamp animal activist--I actually think that would fly (pardon the pun:-)!

Serena Shay said...

Oooh... Vamp them Crystal!!