Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Checking in



My yard is over-run with pissed off wasps at the moment. I’ve been fighting a battle for my custody of my yard for the last two weeks. It’s a battle of attrition that started with one of the buggers biting me on the small of my back while mowing the lawn. It has progressed to them spreading and trying to take over the shed I’m rebuilding.

Have you ever tried to kill a wasp colony? Those that don’t die when you spray their nest just move. They don’t move on, just elsewhere. The original nest was in a tree at the back of my yard. There’s now a small nest next to that tree, another in my lilac bush, and yesterday, one in the shed.

Today, there were two wasp nests in my shed. I feel like I’m losing this war even though they’re the ones taking heavy casualties.

Anyway, the story. I haven’t been posting any of Jarod Black’s story lately because I didn’t like how it was progressing. Yesterday, I figured out how to get out of that hole I was digging, so Jarod Black will be back next week. In the meantime, I offer you “Frank the Bat.” Enjoy!

~Rebecca


 * * * * * * * * * * *


1 comment:

Pat C. said...

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.