Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A New Contract

I’m dancing around on tippy toes after receiving the news my historical novella Claiming Lady Marianne has been accepted by Ellora’s Cave. Sorry, no shifters in this story, but I’m hoping you’ll like it ever still.

Carelessly tossed from her cruel husband into the care of her perverted grandfather, Lady Marianne thinks her life can’t get any worse; until it does.

After Marianne is caught en compromise with another woman, Viscount Cobham is fed up. He remands Marianne to the care of her beastly grandfather with orders that she take a lover- a male lover. She is to get herself with child by the time he returns from his travels in six months. He will have his heir, one way or another. Marianne’s grandfather charges his stable master with the task, and Marianne is bound to her bed every third night to await the burly man.

Michael Ainsworth is no stud horse himself, and Baron Thurlow’s task is too ghastly to consider. But Michael longs for a glimpse of the pretty girl who used to cling to the paddock fence to watch the horses, and when he finds her terrified and unwilling, his honor demands he protect her. While he knows the viscountess can never love a lowly servant, every day his feelings grow stronger.

With their brief six months together quickly disappearing, can Michael endure the day he must step aside and let the woman he loves return to the cruel viscount?

This story brings me back to my historical roots. When Lady Marianne’s character called to me, she was too desperate to ignore. I needed to give her a humble hero with a heart of gold, and Michael fits the bill to a T. And of course it doesn’t hurt that he’s well hung! : )

9 comments:

Paris said...

LOL! I love historicals and have a few gathering dust that keep calling to me;-) You've inspired me! Can't wait to see this one!

Paris said...

FYI--I would never laugh at a lady in Marianne's predicament but after reading about Michael Ainsworth, I might be envious;-)

Savanna Kougar said...

Crystal, congrats on your EC contract!

Yeah, I might be envious too, with a man who is honorable and truly... plus, well hung is always a plus!

Laurann Dohner said...

Congrats!!!

Paris said...

Crystal,

I got so excited about your new book that I forgot to congratulate you on your new contract! Congrats!!!!

Serena Shay said...

Congrats Crystal!! I too enjoy historicals and this one looks wonderful!! :)

Anonymous said...

Book contracts and well-hung guys are always cause for celebration. Heaps of congratulations, Crystal!


Pat C.

Crystal Kauffman said...

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited and can't wait to see what they come up with for the cover on this one. Just because of my love of horses, I hope there are horses on it somewhere :)

Savanna Kougar said...

Yay! For horses! I hope so too.