Friday, March 5, 2010

Springtime's Creative Embrace


Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!
~Sitting Bull


Good Friday Morning!

I don't know about where you live, but up here in the long winter's north, I've been treated to the sun all week long and with it has come some new ideas! Weeeeeeee

One such idea is about bear shifters.

Do they hibernate through the winter and if so where? In a cave or a log cabin tucked away from civilization? Do they sleep away the winter only to rise with the springtime sun, refreshed and ready for love? Perhaps they are required to spend each winter alone, only to greet the spring and their mates?

Questions, questions, questions.

Clearly, this idea is still in it's infancy, but just like the warm weather and sunshine it shall grow. Hopefully, into a new story.

What about you, does springtime spark your creative spirit?

7 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, that quote from Sitting Bull is wonderful!

Bear Shifters, eh? That brings up the obvious... Ms. Goldilocks...

I've seen some cool premises about Bear Shifters. Maybe da Bears are tired of the Wolves and Big Cats getting all the shifter glory.

Some Native American tribes considered Bears to be their brothers in that they were taught by their Bear Brothers how to live on the land.

Serena Shay said...

I agree, Savanna, that quote perfectly describes Spring! It's one of my favorites. :)

LOL...Goldilock's most definitely, I've played with that theme in my head, but still need to perfect it. hehe

I too have come across some awesome bear shifting stories out there, but not a lot, yet!

hmmm including some Native American teachings and maybe it would turn into a western paranormal...now there's a thought! ;)

Paris said...

I'm liking the idea of using Native American lore, why not a Native American while you're at it;-)And although wolf and cat shifters are usually sleek and powerful, a brawny hero with a thick pelt would definitely do it for me;-)

And if he woke up "hungry" in the spring, all the better!

Anonymous said...

What Sav and Paris said.

I'm guessing he'd be built like a linebacker, and probably have a hairy back. He may not hibernate, but I bet he sleeps in during the winter.

Also loving the Goldilocks angle. Papa's too hot-tempered and Mama's too cold toward our heroine, but their burly son is juuuusssst right ...

Pat C.

Serena Shay said...

Ooh, heck yeah, Paris! A Native American who woke up "hungry" Yum!!

Serena Shay said...

Pat - LOL I love your Goldilocks angle!
Have a great weekend!

Crystal Kauffman said...

Well I'm just jealous of your glimpse of Springtime. Will the rain here ever stop?

I like the idea of cozying the winter away with a bear shifter. It makes me think of Indian legends, so this could either be done as a contemporary or historical. Lots of possibilities!