Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Fantasy



Good Friday morning, my friends. It's rainy here today, the perfect kind of day to just let your dreams run wild... So in that spirit, I have a question for you.

If you could live your wildest, most unrealistic fantasy, what would it be?

Would you fly off into space helping those who couldn't help themselves? Would you live on a island filled with sexy men or women there only to make your life pleasant? Or maybe you would find your favorite TV show or Movie and become a part of the show?

For me, it would be to actually be able to insert myself as a part in my most favorite stories. I could be Mary in J.R. Wards, Lover Eternal with a sexy vamp and his hidden dragon to love an protect me...mmm, just think of it, I wonder if I'd ever come back? ;)

I could Raise The Titanic as Dirk Pitt, I could band together with my childhood friends and take down a freaky, evil spider. I could try to find my own way when confronted with the realities of life as a greaser or as a socs.

The possibilities are endless in the stories I could live in more than just my mind. ;)

Psst...Here's a second silly question, just for the fun of it.  If you could open a book and physically jump right in, which would be your number one pick?

12 comments:

Crystal Kauffman said...

If I was to be asked by a magic genie who could really insert me in a book, I wouldn't be able to come up with a choice. I'd have to go to the library and read for the rest of my life, and then I probably still couldn't choose.

As for my wildest fantasy, it would be to become invisible. I would be such a voyeur. :) And I'd use my invisibility to help the world small scale, by making people who do bad things think they're being haunted.

Serena Shay said...

Oooh, invisibility... Good one Crystal. You could help the world and have fun doing it! hmmm, Robin Hood with invisibility, now there's a thought! ;)

I hear ya on the how do you choose a book, there are so many books I already love and so-so many I have yet to read...

Savanna Kougar said...

Yeah, there's too many stories to choose from... definitely! There were a lot I wanted to live as a kid. And, later, as I read romance novels.

Okay, that's one reason I write. I get to live, escape into the fantasy I want. I mean, why live someone else's fantasy when you can create your own?

Serena, great post.

Savanna Kougar said...

Apologies, I didn't mean I didn't want to live the fantasies created other authors.

However, I do write the fantasy stories I want to live and can't find elsewhere.

Pat C. said...

I'd like to be a superhero with metamorph powers, like Odo from DS9 or the T-1000 from Terminator 2. Then on my off hours I could make myself look like the hottest chick in creation and not have to carry all that middle-aged extra padding around on my butt, gut and thighs. As for books, do comic books count? I'd love to hop into an issue or two of X-Men, though preferably an issue where they aren't fighting for their lives. Wait, that's all of them. Oh crap.

Serena Shay said...

I agree, Savanna, as authors I think we definitely write our fantasies. Thank goodness. :) hmmm...inspiration might just be striking! ;)

Serena Shay said...

Hey Pat,
Heck yeah comics count! All the better if they are fighting for their lives, how cool to be using their powers. In fact, I could use the weather changing power here today. ;)

Oh man, I would take odo's power in a heartbeat and get rid of the tire around my middle, for sure! LOL, you know, my little one loves the disney movie The Incredibles, oh who am I kidding, so do her dad and I, and when she asks me whose power I'd like to have, I have to go with elasta girl. Oh the possibilities!

Savanna Kougar said...

Elasa girl... lol!

That would be so cool to shift into the body of your choice like Odo.

Serena Shay said...

lol, wouldn't it though... heck, even the practical uses would be fabulous. No more dragging out the step stool or calling the hubby to reach those things that are up to high! Heaven

Paris said...

I think Crystal is onto something with the invisibility thing;-) sounds like fun--except for the nekkid part (I get cold). As for stories...I could get into Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking series. I'd love to have a pixie buddy who helped me solve cases.

Serena Shay said...

Oooh Paris, it would be fun to have a Jenks of ones own! lol...the nekkid part might be tough. ;)

Pat C. said...

Yes! Elastigirl powers! Then I could reach those items on the grocery store shelves without having to risk my 50ish bones climbing. All the stock boys are like 6'8" while the customers are 5'2". News flash, you guys -- your customers are short! Design your stores accordingly or face the wrath of Shopperwoman!