Friday, September 10, 2010

If Animals Could Speak, What Would They Say Too You?

My puppies, Ike on the left and Russet on the right
So, as I sat searching for a topic for today's blog my Darling ~home sick from school~ Diva turned on the TV and proceeded to watch one of her favorite morning cartoons, Martha Speaks.  General premise of the show:  Martha's a dog and she...ta da, speaks.  lol

It's actually quite a cute show and it got me thinking, what would animals say to me?


What would my mini doxies say?
"Hey, lady giant, stop writing about those dang cats and get us some chewies and stuffed toys!"

What about the cows we drove past on our vacation last month?
"Psst, lady, a mooment of your time, if you please.  How would you like these tasty green beans and broccoli?"

How about the beautiful horse's I couldn't get my DD to go near?
"Hayng on boys, here comes the ooh aah lady again."

Or the sneaky snake from the woods?
"Sssstop ssscreaming and jumping around you crazy woman, your ssscaring me!"

How about you out there, if animals could speak...what would they say to you?

9 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Hmmmm... I say 'hi' to the cows next door when I see them next door... sometimes I see curiosity in their eyes... or do you have something good for me? They're pretty tame because our neighbor is around them a lot and is clearly fond of them, and makes certain they are taken care of.

That's funny about the snake... I had an encounter a few days ago... snake and I scared each other because he/she was in a place I didn't expect.

Our sometimes guest, Toady... a big plump beautiful toad... acts kinda like a pet. It's weird, but welcome. Toady will place herself? in a spot where you can't miss her, and just hunker down. I'll talk to her, and she seems to like it... and she likes to go in and out of what could called the mud room.
I dunno... I usually know intuitively when Toady is around before I see her.

Pat C. said...

Dog: Pet me! Pet me! Pet me!
Cat: Feed me. Then pet me.
Wolf: Let me take you to dinner.
Tiger: Pet me while you feed me.
Horse: Get off my back.
Eagle: I've got air sickness like you wouldn't believe. Damn those updrafts!
Elephant: I forgot what I was going to say.
Dolphin: C'mon in, the water's awesome!

Savanna Kougar said...

Such cut pups!!!

Savanna Kougar said...

I meant cute... the ole brain is still waking up...

Serena Shay said...

Thanks Savanna, we love the little buggers and DD still tells people that they are her furry brothers...lol

You know I think your Toady sent one of her brethern here to visit us today. DD caught sight of him in the window and went screaming for her daddy...hehe, she'd not big on small and quick moving animals!

Serena Shay said...

LOL Pat, good answers! Now if that wolf was say a werewolf, I bet he would say, "Let me make you my dinner...slurp!"

Rebecca Gillan said...

Dog: You gonna eat that? 'Cause if not, I'll take it. No? The I'll guard it for ya while you answer the ringy-thing. Really. I won't let the cat get it, I promise... What do you mean you don't trust me wif your food. You know I don't get people food. I know I don't get people food... Still no? But mom, I don't WANT to go lie down- you have people food on that plate! Please please please...

Serena Shay said...

Oh Rebecca, exactly!! :)

Savanna Kougar said...

Her furry brothers, that is so adorable!

When I was a kid I had a great private bedroom that had been built in the basement. Me and my sis had one next to each other... anyway, I had a window well and sometimes the little toadies would be in there... I got used them and thought they were cute in their own toady way... plus, if they got stuck in there, I'd get them out.