Hello Friday! Most of the time around my house this is the day that kick starts the weekend, but this Friday is a special one - this is the first day of summer break for Darling Diva. Sufficed to say, she is thrilled! It means sleeping in, watching TV, home spa day's and a load of other things tween girls love to do...
Little does she know, I intend for her to have a reading list, learn to type and get really good at the chores she is going to start doing to earn that allowance! LOL I can't wait to see her face when I give her the good news.
So having a good idea of how well my words will be going over (she is a tween girl after all) I decided to give myself a treat and do another Friday Five this week...
Five Things You Still Won't Find in Talbot's Peak
- A diner that serves oatmeal, nuts or fruity concoctions for breakfast. Vernon, proprietor of the Spit & Grit Grill has been heard time and again saying to town visitors, “If it ain’t meat, you don’t eat.”
- A day spa. Hair and nails rarely stay intact during a shift and if a mud bath is what you crave, the forest has them much cheaper than $79.95.
- A health club. This was actually a one-time reality in The Peak, that is, until the Jolett clan rolled the place. They left mumbling something about faulty machinery not being able to keep up with a real animal. But really, who could keep up with the cheetah’s?
- A gun shop. Fights in Talbot’s peak are settled with fist and claw, not cold steel.
- A saddle shop. Our condolences go out to Bill “Billy” Barker, the first fool who tried to saddle a horse shifter. Now he rests in pieces.