Friday, June 17, 2011

A Wooing...




Nuts and Grains, Fruits and Veggies
I know you think they're keen,
But damn it, woman
We do still need our protein!

I’ve tried to be patient
I’ve tried to be calm,
But you’re stealing my customers
With your mashed heart of palm!


I know, I know
I can get it from beans,
But it’s just not the same
Hell, I’ll even take it lean!

I think you should try it
All kissed to perfection,
Trust me
It’ll pass your inspection!

I can hear you now
“Try the tofu,”
I’m here to tell you
That’s nothing but goo!

A wolf needs his meat
Be it leg, butt or back,
Yes, I’ll be over later
For more of the jack!

(Can I have them with blueberries and smothered in syrup?)
Grrrr!
 Vernon

Elly folded the missive meant only for her and tucked it inside her apron.  What would she do with the snarly wolf, from across the way, who insisted on secretly eating plate after plate of her flapjacks and leaving private poems that brought a smile to her face…

6 comments:

Pat C. said...

I'm so glad I posted something else on Monday. This is so much better than what I would have done. The growlie old wolf who still comes over to scarf up her flapjacks, with a side of poetry to boot -- love it! And now that they're both single (I'm assuming Vernon Mac is single) and don't have to worry about continuing their respective breeds, who knows what could happen?

For the record: Elly does serve veggie burgers and soy bacon and sausage, for her omnivore customers. I'd love to hear Vernon's opinion of that!

I like the new "You Might Also Like" feature. What a great idea!

Pat C. said...

Off topic: For those who enjoyed BELONGING, tonight Supernatural's running the episode where Dean turns into a vampire, so you get to see Wally in action, after a fashion. Pay attention especially to the scene where Dean cleans out the nest; that's so close to the way I imagined Wally's attack on the brothel, it's scary. And yes, Serena, I did catch that line in the season finale, where the girl says to Sam, "Maybe you're a hooker." Great minds apparently do think alike.

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, that is so poetry adorable. I could almost fall for Vernon myself. Yeah, like Pat says, they've both done their duty to the next generation, so why not something 'loverly' on the side?

Serena Shay said...

Thanks Pat! Yep, Vernon is definitely single. It seems Mama Mac and Vernon Mac were not a soul mating pair... Mama Mac found herself a much younger coyote and took off for parts unknown, at least to Vernon which pleases him plenty. They got two great pups out of the deal, but that could explain their idiosyncrasies. lol

Oooh, veggie burgers and soy bacon...I'm thinking Vernon just might have to comment on that soon! ~wink~

Ah dang...I like the vampire episode, and I loved BELONGING, it would be great to see it again after having read Wally and Jeremy's story, but I'm headed out of town and have no TiVo! I'm going to have to wait for the DVD.

Then I can see the finale...circumstances beyond my control pulled me away from that episode! :( I really wish they'd left it on Thursday's, that worked so much better for me. ~wink~

OMGosh...Sam gets called a hooker!! Those are some great minds! LOLOL

Serena Shay said...

Thanks Savanna, Oh Vernon and Elly will definitely have a little something on the side...it just depends on what Elly thinks it might be...hehe She's head-strong and Vernon is rangy and snarly, what a couple! lol

Pat C. said...

Yay, coyote love!

Yes, bighorns are definitely headstrong. Wonder if Vern has a bike?