Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Too cold for thought



     I love Colorado. I was born here, grew up here and in Wyoming, lived in a few other places like Alabama and Hawaii, but ended back in Colorado. Here, I’ve stayed. Why? Because it’s like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get. Take this week for instance. On Monday in Denver, we hit our high of 53 degrees at 10am. By 10:30, the temperature had dropped 20 degrees, ushered in on a typhoon of whirling crap with 30 mile-an-hour winds. It’s now Wednesday, and it’s one degree above zero, a good 40 degrees colder than Anchorage, Alaska. It’s actually warmer in Vail than in Denver today. This was our first real cold snap, too. We got no transition into winter weather. By next week, it’ll be warm again. That’s life in Denver.

     Anywho, I have been busy with a million things and have not written anything for today’s blog post, mainly because I haven’t had time to read anyone else’s post for the last week and don’t want to mess up what’s going on with the lunatic sheep. Here’s some pictures, instead. Enjoy!


This one's for Pat

This one's for Savanna, because her new cover also has some long-haired sexiness going on. ;)

       
And I would dedicate this one, buuuut my brain melted...

4 comments:

Serena Shay said...

Now see, had your brain not melted I'm sure that one would have gone out to me!!! ~drool~ That looks like one of the poses the yoga instructor asked us to get into this morning. Me thinks a good pose to go with this one would be the cobra. Hmm, seems I can be dirty minded during yoga too. Good to know. :D

Hang in there with the cold, we got the nasty white stuff here, but the temp has been okay so far.

Savanna Kougar said...

Mr. Long Hair with the warrior's kilt on WARMED me up significantly... and is the perfect hero for a short TP story I'm mulling over. THANK YOU!

The winter blast hit me alright. It was a lovely balmy seventy degrees... then the winds whirled in and the temps dropped to around 26 degrees. And it's damn cold now, way below freezing.

Rebecca Gillan said...

You're right, Sarina, the lovely Yogi is all yours!

Oh, frack is it cold! My truck popped a leak in a radiator hose this afternoon, so I was fixing it in snow and falling darkness with the temps dipping below zero. I still haven't warmed back up! Lol! But at least I'll have heat for the drive in to work tomorrow, unlike my drive home today.

All caught up reading the blog so Cloyd the Assasin sheep will be back next week. Seems Loki and Thor want to go do some mutton bustin'! ;)

Pat C. said...

If Sam and Castiel had a baby ... sigh ...

The cold finally made its way to the East Coast last night. We finally got down to freezing. It's in the 40s today. By the weekend we may get flurries. Gahhh! I'm not ready!

Rebecca, bundle up and stay out of the wind. This is perfect weather to stay inside and write. Or watch TV. Or play with the man in the cobra pose. He probably wishes he had a warm coat on. We don't.