Friday, October 16, 2009

Devlin and Miss Josephine...


Friday, Friday is here again and me so woefully prepared. Life has proved dreadfully busy of late, leaving me little time to be TCB! However, I did have an idea of what I'd like to share with ya'll.

I've been knee deep in writing a holiday story about witches, which surprised the heck out of me. I guess when an idea grabs ya you just have to go with it! With witches and shapeshifters in mind I decided it would be kind of fun to do a little flash which mixes the two.

Here's the start...

"Josephine, you rotten lumbering beast, get in here and help me dress." Lanarka bellowed into the adjoining room startling the sleeping collie. "Most witches get useful familiars like black cats, but not me, no I get a big, dumb bitch!"

A beautiful sable colored dog rose from the cold floor and made her way into her mistresses room. A quiet bark heralded her arrival. Never would she announce herself loudly as Lanarka hated the sound, sight and really everything about a dog.

"Stay back, beast, I don't need your ugly fur on my beautiful black dress." More complaints. Josephine could do nothing right with this woman. She cursed the day the warlocks council had captured her and attached her to this rotten, mean-spirited creature. I am sorry, mistress, may I shift?

"Arggg. Enough with the thought speak. It gives me a headache. Shift, vile beast, shift."


Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Paris said...

Serena,
What a great start! More, more!!!!

Savanna Kougar said...

What a meanie! I should send Sable, as her bad black cat self, to assist Josephine. I don't think Lanarka would want a black cat after Sable got through with her... satisfied triumphant purrs...hehehe...

Crystal Kauffman said...

Serena, it almost sounds like a Cinderella story! I love the picture of the collie. She's beautiful, and I want to see her rescued and freed from her curse.

Serena Shay said...

Paris,
Thanks! How about next Fri I leave a little more... ;)

Serena Shay said...

Savanna,
Heck yeah! Sable would definitely give Lanarka the thrashing she needs!! Woot!!

Serena Shay said...

Crystal,
Yep, Cinderella all the way! I can't wait until her hero rides in to save the day! Isn't that collie pretty...I just love collies. :)

Anonymous said...

Please tell me Jo gets rescued by a big hot werewolf stud. Or, failing that, a handsome rogue of a Scottish werecollie, complete with brogue. By all means, give us more!

Pat C.

Serena Shay said...

hehe, thanks Pat! More will be on the way! :)