Monday, October 12, 2009

Romanticon Memories

Well, Romanticon is at an end. I'm getting ready to go get some breakfast and get out on the road for the ten hour drive home. But I must say this event was worth EVERY hour on the road. I had so much fun here, I can't begin to tell you all.


The hospitality room where they held the meet and greet the first night was a wonderful ice breaker - especially when we all began to have our pics taken with the cavemen. And those pics were taken by the fabulous Syneca. I really want to see the one she took of me and the guys. The one to the right was taken by one of the attendees using my camera. Not only are the guys gorgeous, they're pretty darn nice too.

The workshops were informative. I got sooo much from them. And it was okay - comfortable - expected to talk about sex from the writing perspective. Erotic romance wasn't looked down on - it was celebrated. This is the first venue I've attended where I felt that way. I didn't feel like I had to return to my room, biting my lips then turn on Madonna's Human Nature.

The parties were fun. And the setting was intimate. No, I'm not talking sex here. You dirty minded folks. LOL I mean the workshops were small, the parties were small so you could MEET people. I met and talked with some of my all time favorite EC authors whom I would have been scared to approach in another setting because I was in awe of them. Here, I got to KNOW them a bit. I also had the opportunity to meet authors NEW to me so I'll be getting lost in reading other peoples stuff.
Finally, the book fair was awesome! I'm saying it here first... I SOLD OUT! All my books went out the door with readers! Woot! Woot! Lots of time talking to readers - readers whom I had a chance to get to know during the con. It was fun. I just had the BEST time here.

So next year, when you're wondering what you should do with your money in October my advice is to attend Romanticon 2010. You will have a blast. I did.

5 comments:

Paris said...

Romanticon sounds like a blast! I'm so glad you had such a good time;-)The guys all look fabulous and you looked like you were having fun. There's a lot to be said for having a place to discuss erotica and not be looked at like you had snakes coming out of your mouth. Kudos to Ellora's Cave! Next year for sure;-)

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats on the sellout. Glad you had a blast.

Pat

Savanna Kougar said...

Really, Kudos to Ellora's Cave!
So cool you had fun, sold out of your books and I bet you learned a lot.
Plus, like you said, it's so nice to be in atmosphere of acceptance, rather than 'looked down on'.
Thanks for sharing, Francesca
Probably, though, you can only attend Romanticon as one of their authors, right?

Laurann Dohner said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. Next year I'm soooo going. LOL. As soon as they get the 2010 info up on their site... I'm booking a flight and registering. I love the pic you posted. Congrats on selling out! Thanks for sharing your experience there.

Crystal Kauffman said...

Well I'm still trying to break into Ellora's Cave. Whatever the magic words are, I haven't figured them out yet! Next year I may go just to get an eyeful of those hunks :)