Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sleep isn't Underrated





Gill fluffed his pillow again. He watched Chloe burp each of the triplets after nursing them. Three sleeping children and now he was to do the same. Another night of sleep sounded delicious.  The past week with nights filled with sleep of eight or more hours left him feeling energized and rested.  
 
“Whoever said sleep was overrated apparently didn’t go without it often,” Chloe surmised crawling into bed next to him.   “Quiet and rest are something parents need.”

“Kids too.  We better get em trained when they start insisting on their independence.”  Gill smiled remembering the parenting book Louie and Bettina gifted them recently. 

“Agreed.  By then Rachel and Tyburn’s twins will need a firmer hand too.  So we need to get a united front going.”  Chloe yawned and leaned back into her pillow.

Gill yawned twice as he reached toward the lamp on his bedside table.  “Tomorrow is soon enough to contemplate more.”

Moments of quiet passed before soft snores started to sound.  Sleep was once again a welcome guest at the mayoral mansion.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Weekend Gang!

End of the quarter is here.  End of month as well.  Day job is morphing into a lot of different things.

The spice homestead is pulsing right along.  I'm sorry for the short post.  Like Gill and Chloe, sleep is running short last few weeks.  I'm off to write a bit before I take a nap.

Keep a few good books handy to share with your loves and spice.  I know I am as soon as I finish writing them.

Until Next Week,

Solara

4 comments:

Pat C. said...

As a vampire, Bettina could probably make a bundle hiring out as an overnight nanny, if she were so inclined. She's up all night anyway. :)

Savanna Kougar said...

Good idea, Pat, about Bettina being an overnight nanny. Wow, can I relate to needing sleep! At this point in my life, I really need more than I'm getting overall. But what can you do?

Pat C. said...

Become a vampire?

Savanna Kougar said...

Nah, can't stand the sight or smell of blood. I'd make a lousy and likely starving vampire.