Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Dragon Shifter In My Kitchen



May howls and yowls, shapeshifter lovers.

So, who can resist a naked dragon shifter? Solara's flash scene caught my fancy, of course. Question: will dragon shifters now be invading Talbot's Peak in a good way?


~~~~~~

Dragon Shifter In My Kitchen

So, a naked man in the mayoral mansion's kitchen, who is supposed to be a rock star dragon shifter... that was the rumor going around. Yeah, like a wildfire refusing to be put out. I heard it at Java Joe's when I was purchasing my supply of special blend coffee. It's one of the few indulgences I have left in this beyond-strange world.

Hunkered over my kitchen table, I prop open one bleary eye. The soup mug I use for my organic coffee is cradled between my palms. Before taking the first sip, I let the rich steamy fragrance penetrate my oh-so willing nostrils. Hopefully, the vapors have a direct route to my pea-soup foggy brain.

I didn't used to be this way. Once upon an age ago, I'd awake in the morning bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Although, I have no tail, unlike most of those who live in Talbot's Peak. As I discovered over the past year's dedicated research.

Okay, as a human, mostly human anyway, I think... how did I end up in this 'high strangeness' supernatural lair?

Once upon an age ago, I had big brave dreams. However, as it turned out my dreams were a star I couldn't reach. I fell far short, fell into the depths of poverty, despite 'going for it' ... despite 'following my passion' ... despite taking every leap of faith I could.

Yep, I almost killed myself trying.

To be perfectly honest, I don't have a freaking clue why I'm even still alive on planet Earth. Yeah baby, it's a big fat damn miracle alright. However, these days, I suspect the Almighty must have a twisted and epic sense of humor... you know, like the cosmic joke... at least, in my case.

Anyway, one morning, almost a decade ago, I learned how to become invisible. They said it was an ancient ability in my genetic code, one 'they' resurrected. And I'm not the only one out there -- as I understand it.

In Art Bell's heyday as king of paranormal nighttime radio, he dedicated a few shows to those who became unaccountably invisible -- like standing in a line at a bank, and no one can see you. That kind of thing.

Yeah, for real, check it out. You got the internet.

You might be wondering at this point: Who is 'they'? Wish I knew.

Or maybe I don't. Since my all-over-the-world, burn-the-candle-at-both-ends assignments have brought me to this pathetic state of health. 

The upside. Yeah, there is one. 'They' the Unseen Ones have seemingly deserted me, abandoned me in this paranormal-haven community.

The downside: no money... or no more viable bank account. I'm existing on my little stash of gold and silver. If you must know. 

I take a couple of sips of the now cool-enough coffee, and savor. And, thank goodness, my sudden case of extreme tooth sensitivity several days prior, has eased off.

Back to the naked dragon shapeshifter. My lips actually curve upward in a semblance of a smile. I take another long sip, then release the dragon beast into the inner sanctums of my mind.

Like the rumor, I envision him sleeping outside by back door -- in my little, bird-filled yard. Of course, he's a monstrously powerful, sleek and shiny-scaled dragon. He's the color of a moonless night rinsed by countless rainbows.

Yep, fantasy allowed when daydreaming. Even though, much of fantasy is, in fact, reality in another dimension -- or in the Earth's past hidden ages.

Hint: Go watch the latest Star Wars movie. Ain't a space fantasy, my friends.

After another swallow of coffee my brain kicks into gear. Good thing. 'Cause I'm deciding on what my naked dragon shifter is gonna look like when he comes into my kitchen.

Tall, dark, and dragony handsome? Why not?

After all, Greely, a little adorable frog shifter, got her dream-come-true dragon shifter. Last I heard she was living in merry old England in his ancestral castle.

So yeah, just to stay somewhat sane in this obviously insane world, I've got to give myself something to daydream about. Plus, my love life has been nil, nada, nonexistent, for too many years to remember.

Hey, all I have left is my very vivid imagination. Which made my descriptive-prose reports to 'they' quite entertaining, as I was told.

Let's see... mm-mm, well over six foot of sexy lean male. Bronzed skin stretched over carved scrumptious muscles. Long dark hair that invites my stroking fingers. Glittering, knowing eyes that beckon me to him. Oh, and that wicked smile... yes, yes... give me that smile. 

Mentally, slowly, I run my gaze downward over my nude, fictional man-dragon. His arousal becomes more impressive as I stare at his long, thick cock.

"You summoned," I hear behind me.

I jump like a startled rabbit. What's left of my coffee flies everywhere. I manage to stand without falling over the chair, even as I spin around. I grab hold of the wobbling chair for support.

Good gawd! My heart races a marathon in one instant. There he is. Not exactly as I imagined... but perfect nonetheless.

"Are you injured?" the naked man solicitously asks. He takes two steps closer, leans toward me, and offers his hand.

I don't take it. Shock has me in a vice grip. Yeah, I'm trembling like I'm about to be dinner.

He withdraws his large handsome hand. I watch him study me, speculation in the depths of his eyes. The color is like a green neon light shining on obsidian.

"You don't know, do you?" He pauses a moment. "About your newly emerged power."

"What power?" I hoarsely force the words out of my parched throat.

"To summon a dragon. A dragon protector."

I freeze, not that I'm moving all that much, anyway. Except for all the shaking. But that stops, and my eyes feel as if they're bulging out of their sockets.

And why wouldn't they? They've seen a lot supernatural weirdness... but not... oh, shut up, I tell myself.

"That's a new one on me." The words stumble past my lips.

"I'll be able to see you, even when you go invisible," he proudly proclaims. Dammit, his bearing reminds me of a conquering matador

With my eyebrows stuck on the ceiling, I ask, "What do you know about me? ... I suppose you have a name. After all," I babble, my tongue loosening. "I can't call you naked dragon shifter. Can I?"

"Ah, yes, my state of nudity. Pardon, but I thought it wiser to make a swift appearance. Your protection is my first concern." His dark brows raise in question. "Should I retrieve my travel bag, and dress before a proper introduction?"

Sheesh! What do I say? As far as I'm concerned he can stay naked. Forever. Wouldn't hurt my eyes any.

Yet... on second thought: how the hell do you have a good relationship with a dragon shifter protector? I mean, we do need to get along. If we're going to be in close proximity.

"Sure. Clothing first. Then an introduction... would you like a cup of coffee?" I think to ask. "Oh, there is a spare bedroom. Probably a bit dusty, but tidy enough."

The care and feeding of a protector dragon. The thought pops up unexpectedly as he quickly pivots out the back door.

I feel resolve take over. Something I haven't felt for far too long. Hell, I don't care how limited my resources are. Somehow I'll find a way to take care of him.

Then the light blasts on in my weary and staggered brain. A novel. I could write a novel based on my true experiences with whatever his name is. That is, depending... well, who knew how this would all work out.

"I will be here for as long as you need me," Mr. Dragon Man assures. He enters, an odd-looking, Victorian-elaborate bag beneath his arm.

~~~~~~


Wishing you love and passion on the wild side ~ 

Savanna 

Savanna Kougar ~ Run on the Wild Side of Romance

2 comments:

Pat C. said...

So Fate has abandoned you in a place where hawt naked dragon men show up to protect you just because you thought about it. Awwww, poor you.

*starts picturing naked Misha with dragon wings*

Savanna Kougar said...

There ya go, Misha with dragon wings... next week's flash scene?

But yeah, 'she' didn't know that particular ability had emerged, and no clue such a power was even possible for her.