Friday, December 4, 2009

Please Tell Me That's An Oasis....




So I'm standing here amidst miles and miles of sand and out there, in the far far away appear to be words... Yes, they must be words, all running away from me.

"Why," I holler, "Whyyyyy"

The words just point and laugh at me, but that's okay, when they come back I will wrangle them into submission. Only, how to get them back?

As you can probably tell, I've run into a terrible dry spot in my writing. grrrr. So many stories started, ideas filling up my head, but no words to put down. I've tried changing stories, starting new stories, heck I've even tried putting it all away and focus on reading...not a good idea, LOL, I could read forever!

My characters are proving to be most unhappy with me, but hey, they are not the only ones suffering, right. Blogging has become a trial, I'm quiet on the forums, sigh.

There is one thing I'm still finding the words for, Tanner! Tanner is a back and forth flash on the Passionate Ink website with my good friend Savanna. Those couple of sentences every day have been something I look forward too! Thanks Lady Kougar. :)

Admittedly, real life has become a touch overwhelming, but nothing that can't be handled. So why are the words making a break for it? LOL

Anyone else run into this problem? And if so, how the heck did you coax those naughty letters back in line?

4 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, sweet and naughty kisses from Tanner.

Hmmm... I don't have a good solution. Usually, working on another story or reading or doing housework stuff gets me going again.
I will say I've spent loads of time trying to figure out the right word for one sentence... it vanishes as if it never existed.
I probably need to leave more what I call 'marked holes' I put a symbol like a heart where I need to go back and put in the right word, or add something.
Is there one scene you could write and that's all you think about and concentrate on?

Serena Shay said...

Hehe, Thanks T!

Yeah, usually moving on to something else will help me, but right now that is just a no go. I suspect the reason is that I'm determined to finish my second Jag story. Good idea about trying to focus on one scene. I'll give it a try. :) I would love to be able to leave marked holes. LOL I've never been able too, which hmmm, could be a part of the problem as well.

Crystal Kauffman said...

Serena, don't worry, that oasis grows nearer with each step taken. Don't push yourself too hard. Look at the calendar. Remember what time of year it is. You have other stress in your life right now so don't punish yourself for suffering from the holidays. You'll get through it. You're an awesome writer. (*hearts*hearts*)

Serena Shay said...

Crystal,
((hugs)) and thank you! I'm taking a big breath and relaxing. You're right this is a stressful time of year. :)