Saturday, May 18, 2013

I went, I saw, I be back



This going to be short and sweet dear readers.  I'm finally recovering from a bout of food poisoning, the flu, migraines, and allergies that may have caught me a minor cold.  This said I enjoyed RT BOOK LOVERS CONVENTION.  I had a list that I checked twice.  Plans made and workshops decided.  

Well plans changed and lets say, I spent time resting rather than running and doing.  Wonderful things came out of the trip.  I won a publishing contract for a novel I entered in RT American "Idol" the Writer's competition.  I took first prize in the erotic romance section for a novel I'm finishing up over the next few months, Three Princes for Sienna.  As soon as I know more, I'll share.

I pitched another novel to an agent and one of the big 6 out of New York.  Agent asked for full and publisher partial.  I also got asked about what else I had available.

I'm busy writing and polishing these larger undertakings along with working on a couple of stories for Siren.  One is set in Cascade Bay.  The other is a nearby town going by the name of Cameron Shores.

Alas we did not get a picture of this year's basket winner.  I hope they enjoy the books, stuffed animals, and other goodies the basket held.  Well, I'm off to write and hope to have a serial started that I'll post here as well as on my personal blog.  I'll let you know when the first post is up and ready.


Until next week, share a good book or two with your spice and loves.  I know I will be!


Smiles,

Solara

4 comments:

Pat C. said...

Sounds like you had a busy and productive weekend, even with all the down time. Congrats on all the good news!

Serena Shay said...

Fabulous news, Solara! Congrats. :D

Savanna Kougar said...

Wow, what a productive experience at RT, despite the illness setbacks. Congrats!

Solara said...

Thanks Pat, Serena, and Savanna! The week was fun and worth while, illness aside. Lots of networking and enjoying friends new and old.