Friday, October 15, 2010

Would You Look Here...



Lately, while I've had an overflow of story ideas and snippets, my blogging ideas have gone south.  So as I cruised the internet, looking for inspiration, I came across this site http://community.livejournal.com/thefridayfive/  and it's filled with Five Friday questions.  Paging through the list of questions, there were many that were interesting and funny, but none as unique as the five below...

Talk about your creative, story inspiring questions.  How would you answer some of these babies?

1) You are on your way to work, when suddenly a wormhole to the far side of the galaxy opens in the middle of the road. You are thus the first to meet the alien being that emerges. Despite your protestations, you are now Earth’s unofficial First Contact ambassador. What will you say to the visitor?


2) A wandering trading caravan emerges from the wormhole. They plan to stay on Earth for a few weeks, and then will move on to the next planet and the next. Whatever you said must have really impressed them, because they offer to let you and a few other humans come along with them. The only catch is that the caravan probably won’t be back to Earth. Would you go? Why or why not?

3) Suppose you decided to go. The master of the caravan will allow you to bring along whatever trinkets and baubles you think will sell on alien worlds, and will also allow you to bring exactly five other items that you may always keep. Clearly, he does not mean practical items like shoes or a toothbrush. What would you bring?

4) Suppose you decided to stay home after all. The caravan master offers you a parting gift. You may choose among super-brain pills, a flying car, a robot butler, or an invisibility belt. Which would you choose and why?

5) Suppose you ended up taking the super-brain pills. You now have a head the size, shape, and color of a watermelon. But you also now have the most fantastic mind the world has ever seen. What would be the first task you set it to?

~What would I say to the visitor? "Okay dude tell me, shapeshifters...myth or reality in your world?"


~What parting gift would I choose? Simple. An invisibility belt, of course...wouldn't that be a kick in the pants! LOL

Have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, that pic is too good!

Aliens emerging unexpectedly from a wormhole... hmmm... seriously, it would all depend on my gut instinct. If they seemed benevolent, I'd say 'hi' and 'nice to meet you', and take it from there, or get taken... or, gee, if one looked like Adrian Paul, I might not just mind being 'taken'. Not very original, but...

2] If I could take my loved ones, yes!!!

3] Wow, what to bring? My books, just to prove I did something on Earth.

4] I should choose Mr. Butler Robot. However, given these times, an invisibility belt would be the best choice. Too bad, since I've always wanted a flying car.

5] The first task for my super-charged brain... hmmmm... how do we defeat the bad guys co-opting our world?

Serena Shay said...

Oh mercy yes...let Mr. Alien look like the incomparable Adrian Paul! I'd beg to be taken then! hehe

A butler robot would be uber cool too and a flying car...I could pretend to be June or Judy Jetsen!

Defeting the bad guys, whoo ya! I'd also use that big brain to find ways of healing Mother Nature's wounds! ;)

Pat C. said...

No fair, you want me to think! Okay ...
1. "Hey, baby. Come here often?"
2. If they're going to warm worlds with beaches, why not? It's not like I have a job or anything.
3. My glasses and a recipe for pizza, just in case they don't have Pizza Hut in galaxies far, far away.
4. Definitely the invisibility belt, so I can go out and fight crime. Or commit some.
5. Get on Jeopardy.

Hey, has anybody seen that new show, No Ordinary Family? Does anybody else think the wife and not the husband is better suited for superheroing? In the last two eps she could have solved things with her superspeed before hubby could get off the ground.

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, healing Mother Earth's wounds, that would be a wonderful big-brain usage.

Pat, hey, why not take pizza galaxy-wide and beyond... that is, if it isn't already... now there's a good story idea!

Serena Shay said...

"Nuclear fusion for $500, Alex." LOL Pat, that would be a hoot! Yep, pizza is a must, but what I really want to know is...what crimes would you commit with your new invisibility belt?? Crimes of passion?? Bump and run? muahahahahaha ;)

Nope, haven't seen No Ordinary Family, but it sounds interesting.

Rebecca Gillan said...

1- "Hey, bub. Don't they have road rules where you come from? You can't park your hole there!" =D

2- No, I would not go with them, but I can suggest a few people they aught to take with them since they probably won't be back...

3- I would take: my purse, my kids, my fur-balls, a homing beacon, and Colin Ferrel. (You said if I took it, I could keep it.)

4- I would choose an invisibility belt, for those days when I want to say "Mom isn't here, figure it out for yourself." Then I can do what I say and disappear.

5- How to make a pill that makes me look like Marylin Monroe.

Serena Shay said...

Oh lordy yes, Rebecca, I would soooo use the IB to hide from the family! More writing time, less "Mom...where's my this, that and the next thing." LOL...at least some of the time that is. ;)

mmm Colin Ferrel...yeah, that would be a good thing to take. hehe