Friday, June 19, 2009

Man that must hurt...


One of the clearest memories in my head about shapeshifting was the movie American Werewolf in London. Remember this show? Two guys backpacking through Europe, told to beware the full moon, but don't, then get chewed on by...shock...a werewolf.



I love this movie.



Horror, comedy, romance...it had it all, but why did the shift have to hurt?









Check out this picture...pain right




And this one, ouch my hand hurts just looking at that.




But really, why do the movies make shifting hurt? Couldn't the transformation be a pleasurable one? An erotic one? A full on groove fest for the shapeshifter in question? No, I guess that would ruin the horror effect of the movie.

Or maybe there has been one and I've just missed it. I will admit my drive-in nights of American Werewolf in London movies have turned into matinee showings of High School Musical 1,2,3000.

So let me know, have you seen a shapeshifter movie with a pleasing transformation? I could use a good show to watch this weekend.

4 comments:

Paris said...

I can't honestly remember anything other than horrible, painful, gruesome changes--but it did give the special effects something to do so they could get paid!

I think it may have something to do with evil being painful and since shifters are usually portrayed as something savage and beastly they got stuck with all the "ugly" in the movies.

Serena Shay said...

Good point, Paris. They were always protrayed as evil, dang it. That just isn't very nice, or as my Darling Diva says... Not Fair! hehe
Have a great weekend!

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, I don't recall a non-painful shifting movie.
Yeah, werewolves were supposed to be bad and bad news, so, of course, they had to pay with painful shifting.

Serena Shay said...

Well Savanna, that seems like a mean spirited thing they do to those poor werewolves... ;) I want a snuggly werewolf...but maybe I'm the only one...heheh
Have a great weekend