Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sam shifter!

As I’ve said before, I have season 1 of True Blood saved on my DVR and I’m nearly to the end. As I was watching the other night, episode 9 ended with Terry and Detective Andy out fishing one morning when they witness Sam Merlotte running naked through the woods. I thought that was really weird, but when episode 10 started and Detective Andy wanted to speak to Sam, I knew immediately he was a shapeshifter when Sam went back into the bar and the dog ran out. Later in that episode it was confirmed, when the dog fell asleep at Sookie’s feet on the bed, and she woke up with a naked Sam laying there.

I have to confess, until I learned this new reason to love Sam Merlotte, other than his adorably grungy good looks, I was kinda thinking he was the killer.

Seeing a shapeshifter on a popular HBO series was kind of a surprise. Outside the popularity of the romance subgenre, (other than vampires of course) shapeshifters aren’t something you see all that often in television, besides the B-movie (and sometimes C movie) action that usually has one of the lesser known Baldwin brothers J

Or am I missing something? I have to confess I don’t watch a lot of series, I have to seek out something to put on my DVR. How often have you seen shapeshifters? Because if there’s something I’m missing, do tell.

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

Hmmmm... beside the werewolves and a few dragon movies... oh and the film, Lady Hawke... I dunno. But, I'm not much of a TV watcher anymore.