Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Banned... in my opinion ~ and... He Snorts.

Or, why do people want books banned? There are any number of reasons. There’s the whole moral outrage no-one-should-read-that-book syndrome, for one example. Yet, what is it that underlies this sense of *I need to save humanity from what’s written between these pages*?
From my decades of observation, I’ve come to a few fundamental conclusions. One of them ~ some individuals possess an impoverished imagination. Whether it’s nurture or nature, or both, I can’t always tell. Truthfully, it took me quite some time to realize that, for some people, if they can’t envision what an author chooses to write about, from philosophy to fantasy, then obviously the book shouldn’t be on the library or store shelves.
Now, I arrive at plain ole’ jealousy. Yes, I’ve seen it happen over and over again. Jealousy of an author’s ability to pen a fabulous story, rears it’s ugly head in some people, then morphs into *that book has no redeeming social value*. Get rid of it.
Another interesting, but devastating mental justification occurs, also. Once again, this one took me awhile to get an understanding grip on. It wasn’t until I experienced it, first hand, several times, that it truly sank in.
Simply, when people don’t want to face their own lives and solve their own problems, inner and outer, they’ll take on some cause because it makes them feel heroic, as if their life matters, as if they matter.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not bashing good causes. However, what I am saying is that there are people who use them as an excuse not to live their lives. When this happens, the lives of other people are ruined from their supposed good deeds. These unfortunate souls are so desperate and small inside they can’t see or know the truth. They only ‘see’ and ‘believe’ what they assume is the truth so they can feel important.
Yep, I’ve come to believe this absolutely ~ the road to hell is paved with good intentions. An individual, or a group, may have the best of intentions such as banning a book for the good of us all. I say I want the price of freedom. I’d rather have my ‘delicate’ sensibilities assaulted by a disgusting-yuk book, movie and magazine, etc. ~ than lose my freedom to choose what I read.

~~~~~~

If you yen for real werewolf sightings check out this blog report at From the Shadows ~ http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2009/09/encounters-with-werewolves.html ~ I found it utterly fascinating.
~~~~~~

Yowza butting-powza, the Bull is back... a hero with a real set of horns and the bold balls to match.
~~~~~~

For the beginning of this bullie woolie tail see my prior blogs ~
~~~



Artist ~ Chaz Truog ~ http://chaztruog.com ~

X-Serial Flash

New Bull in Town


TWENTY-FIVE
With my adrenalin rising like a tidal wave, I clamber over the fence to head Linda off at the pass, or before she can taser Darius.
Waving my hands frantically, I shout, “It’s okay. It’s okay. I was scared at first. But, he’s acting tame.”
Linda comes to a quick halt before me, her face sweaty-red from exertion. Relieved, she shoves the taser back in her bag.
“Well, who in all holy hell would let that big huge monster escape to terrorize us all?” Linda glares at Darius as if she could use her eyes like lasers and disappear him.

TWENTY-SIX
Her impressive breasts heave, definitely a lust fantasy for most men. Crazily, I wonder if Mr. Bull Man is enjoying the show.
Nope, I hear inside my head. I’m enjoying your cute round ass, Shelley.
I blink like a madwoman, then feel as if I’m paralyzed.
“Good God, Shelley, what’s wrong?”
“I think I’m hearing voices,” I murmur.
“Shock. You’re in shock. Let’s go inside. You need a drink. I know I need a drink. We can call Animal Control.” Linda touches my elbow, ready to lead me inside.
“Animal Control. I think he’s too big...” My voice wavers pathetically.
~~~~~~

Shapeshifter lovers, check out CAT NIP. It’s a free read by erotic romance author, Gem Sivad ~ http://gemsivad.wordpress.com ~ also, for the ongoing story, subscribe at ~ http://textnovel.com ~
~~~
Plus, take a peek at COYOTE MOON by Pat Cunningham at ~ http://bookstrand.com/product-coyotemoon-14959-330.html ~ Pat’s book has received several top reviews.
~~~~~~

HAVE A WILD SHAPESHIFTING AUTUMN

~ MAY ALL YOUR READING DREAMS COME TRUE ~

Savanna Kougar

~ Run on the Wild Side of Romance ~

Author of ~


All Shades of Blue Paradise
Red Lioness Tamed
When a Good Angel Falls
Tangerine Carnal Dreams
Murder by Hair Spray in Gardenia, New Atlantis
Black Cat Beauty
Her Insatiable Dark Heroes
Stallion of Ash and Flame

3 comments:

Paris said...

Savanna,
Well said, my friend! I may not like every book I come across but if someone wanted to discuss that book(s) I'd love it. You know an open-minded exchange of ideas--something censorship destroys;-) Thank you for posting this!

Serena Shay said...

Aah Savanna!
Damn straight and totally agreeing with Paris here, well said!

As an avid reader, I want to decide if I like what I'm reading. I don't/won't and dispise being told if I will dislike something! How can one person tell another what they can or cannot read, what they will like or dislike?

How arrogant of them...

~sigh~ "the road to hell...good intentions" Shoot, you've hit the nail on the head there!

Savanna Kougar said...

Paris and Serena, this is an issue that's always been super important to me. Freedom of speech and freedom to read and write what you choose.