Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Domino Effect


Writers know that for every action you put on the page you need a reaction. If you have a character behaving recklessly, that character will undoubtedly suffer consequences. They, in a sense, fall down and then spend the rest of the story trying to regain a former if not superior position.

I know that this part of fiction actually mimics real life but I foolishly convinced myself these past couple of months that I could spend another hour writing when I felt the twinges that marked another trip to the chiropractor and my eyes were so blood-shot that I looked like I'd been partying for a week.

So instead of writing this week, I'll be exercising my bad back and not staring at a computer screen until my strained eyes are better.

Have a great week!
Paris

3 comments:

Serena Shay said...

Take care of yourself, Paris! Healing energy coming your way. :)

Paris said...

Thanks, Serena;-) I really appreciate it.

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, Paris, blessings! I use a formula by Purity Products called Hylastin that has Hyaluronic Acid in it, which is really good for your eyes, skin and joints. It helps my eyes by keeping them from being dry and irritated.
Also, I use colored backgrounds whenever I'm writing because the white screen is hell on my eyes.
Why a white screen on everything I have no clue. Stark white pages aren't good either for constant reading.