Friday, April 30, 2010

How Do Your Shifters Celebrate Their Birthdays?



Do they go hog wild and invite everyone in their pack/pride to a party, complete with games of all sorts, food, fun and cake? Is a present required for entry? Are they more circumspect than that and bury themselves far into the woods until the day is officially over? Maybe they grumble and snap at everyone around them?

LeAnn Turone, the jaguar heroine of my current wip, in very much in the circumspect camp. Every year on her special day, she grabs her camera and disappears into the woods in northern Minnesota and captures some of the most beautiful pictures you've ever seen. Creeks, unvisited by human traffic, delicate flowers just sprouting, a doe and fawn nibbling at buds and berries and so much more.

She returns refreshed, her soul renewed and ready to face another year of her life go by.

Her sister Marina, heroine from my first book, The Challenge, on the other hand takes the day in stride. A party is cool and fun for all, presents...heck yeah, and cake is a must! There are no calories or carbs in birthday cake...everyone knows that! ;) But if you ask her, her age you will get the same response. Twenty-nine, again and again.

Now as for their mouth piece, I'm stuck somewhere in the middle. I would love to have the luxury of spending the day renewing my soul and the night to spend celebrating with friends and family...

Like Marina though I will tell you, if you ask, I'm Twenty-nine ~wink~

What about ya'll is there a special way you or your characters like to spend your birthday?

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, the camera idea for a birthday would be wonderful... sigh...

For me, what I wish most as a celebration is to go dancing... dress-up, casual... don't care, as long as it's with those I love.

For my shifter heroines and heroes, it's never come up in their story... so far... I'll have to ask them... and given they live or come from different cultures, there may be a whole different perspective...

However, a general HAPPY BIRTHDAY to everyone.

Pat C. said...

I haven't had a birthday scene yet either. The closest I've come is my WIP where the couple celebrates their 6-week anniversary with sex on the carpet and lots of whipped cream. I guess that would work for a birthday, just add candles.

Of course the coyotes would celebrate their birthdays with a huge blow-out of a party, all pack members invited (except Uncle Elroy. Ewwww) preferably in a public place so they can annoy the scat out of as many people as possible. They've been banned from Chuck E. Cheeses in 8 states.

Savanna Kougar said...

Pat, just 8 states... now, I'd heard it was 10, but then maybe 'someone' was exaggerating... there's a party I'd like to attend, the Coyotes whooping it up.

Serena Shay said...

Oooh in the arms of a lover, dancing the night away with nothing more to worry about than if your shoes will hold up... That would be a lovely way to spend a birthday, Savanna. :)

Serena Shay said...

LOL...Pat anytime there's whipped cream a party is called for! woot!!

And count me in for a coyote party, sounds like they can do it right! ;)

Crystal Kauffman said...

I'm guessing it's someone's birthday... which prompted the post. Happy Birthday!!!

I know nothing...I see nothing...