Friday, August 15, 2014

Cheezeballs Unite!


Ziva held her burgeoning belly as she laughed at Loki & Thor’s “newscast” of the Mammoth invasion.  Those boys were naturals and would, one day, make excellent on the air personalities.  She also wondered if Nick could find a place for them at the paper.  Considering their ages, it would be to do little things that line their allowance pockets and perhaps to pick up a bit of newspaper knowledge, here and there.  She couldn’t wait to broach the subject with him.

Hefting herself out of the chair she stood at the deck rails for a couple of minutes surveying what was left after the rampage.  Banta poo, for sure, and there was her man, shovel in hand, to do what needed to be done for the town he loved.

###

Back in Sin City…

“Here, this is it!” Greely stopped and looked at the name of the tattoo and piercer shop in the window.

Clamp It & Stamp It?  Oh, Gree, you really are a cheezeball, aren’t you.”

“Pish, Karma.  You know you want to go in and get your very own work of art done.  Something tasteful, perhaps?”

“Tattoos don’t stay, you know.  Once you shift the ink is gone unless you see Rox back home.  His ink is sik and it stays no matter how much you shift.”

“Yeah, Karma, I know it will go away soon, but I’m considering it a test run to see if I really want what I have in mind.”

“No.” Erol scooped her up and made to leave, mumbling dragony swear words if she had to guess.
“There will be no inking or marring of your beautiful skin. This I cannot allow.”

“Stop.  Erol, stop it, right now and put me down.” Greely ordered, pounding at the arm secured around her waist. “I’m doing this!”

“Why, Fair One? Why do you want to deface yourself?”

“It’s art, Erol, not defacing.” Greely insisted. “And for the first time in my life, I feel safe enough and loved enough to live out some of my dreams.”

Greely’s feet hit the sidewalk and she smiled.  She could tell that he finally listened and heard what she was trying to tell him.

“I make you feel this way?”

“Yep, you allow me to fly, Erol.  In all parts of my life.  You make me happy and whole.”

“And this art will make you whole?”

“Nope, this will make me happy!”

~~~
Well, just a shorty from me today to keep track of what's happening in Sin City and up on the hill away from danger.

I know exactly what Greely's looking for in a tat, now I hope I can find a good graphic for it.  :)

Have a great weekend!
Serena

6 comments:

Pat C. said...

Really enjoying the Sin City story.

Much as I love the artistry, I will never have a tat because I have an issue with needles. Otherwise I'd have Mr. Spock giving the Vulcan salute. On my butt.

Rebecca Gillan said...

Now I really can't wait to find out what kind of "stamp" Greely has in mind!

Serena Shay said...

Thanks Pat!

LMAO...that would be the best tat! I worried about the needles before I got mine, but it wasn't bad at all. Of course, it's just a small butterfly on my ankle. I'll get more though once I can afford it :D

Serena Shay said...

Hehe, Greely's stamp is perfect, Rebecca...and she drew it herself.

Savanna Kougar said...

Yep, I'm thoroughly enjoying Greely and Erol in Sin City... and darn curious about her 'stamp' design.

I wanted an ankle tattoo at one point... cool about yours, Serena.

Serena Shay said...

Thanks Savanna!

Yep, I love my tattoo. I adore body art. :)